TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
In using VPA Services you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA PROTECTION
1. Both VPA Services and the Client agree that all information provided to each other will be treated as strictly private and confidential and safeguarded in line with The Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Confidentiality and information security is guaranteed at all times. This stipulation will continue after the termination of the Contract or Agreement.
3. Client’s information will not be shared to a third party without prior consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
4. VPA Services commits to signing Client’s Non-Disclosure Agreements and Terms & Conditions Contracts as and when required.
5. Any documents containing personal financial details belonging to the Client, or the Client’s client, will be destroyed four weeks after completion and payment of the tasks or project.
6. All work will be kept on file and a separate external hard drive for a 12 month period. After this time, work will be securely destroyed unless instructed otherwise.
CONSULTATION, QUOTATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE
1. VPA Services offers free consulting with the Client before entering into any assignment to ensure that both parties have a full understanding of what is to be done, and by whom. This consultation period will result in VPA Services providing the Client with a Quotation and/or Booking Form Contract prior to any assignment work commencing which will be completed and signed by both parties. This will provide details of task, specific requirements, rate and deadline for completion of work. The signed Booking Form Contract indicates the Client’s acceptance of VPA Service’s Terms and Conditions herein.
2. VPA Services has a flexible pricing policy offering 'Hourly Pay As You Go' services and 'Retainers' at a discounted price (starting with a minimum of 10 hours per month). Retainers will be discussed and agreed between both parties.
3. If the Client’s original requirements change, we reserve the right to change our original quotations following consultation with client.
4. VPA Services charges a minimum fee of £20 per assignment. Clients are then charged in fifteen minute increments of the appropriate hourly rate thereafter. Clients will receive a timesheet with each invoice.
5. Expenses such as stationery, printing, postage, travel and any other expenses incurred will be charged separately. Bulk printing will be outsourced and charged at cost (over 25 copies) and will be billed separately.
6. If turnaround of work of 24 hours is requested, additional charges may be applied.
7. VPA Services is not VAT registered.
8. VPA Services reserves the right to amend the cost of the provision of services at any time by giving the Client one month’s notice in writing.
9. Any written correspondence between VPA Services and the Client, eg, quotes, booking forms, timesheets, invoices, statements and letters etc, will be sent by email unless otherwise agreed.
1. Monthly Retainer packages will be paid 7 days in advance. Unused hours can be carried over to the following subsequent month. Remaining hours however will not be valid after the subsequent 1 month period and will be non-refundable. Any time after this period will be billed separately and not carried forward to another period.
2. VPA Services or the Client can cancel a Retainer package at any time by giving a 14 day notice period in writing.
ACCEPTANCE OF ASSIGNMENTS
1. VPA Services will accept work by telephone, email, post, courier, special delivery, memory stick or CD.
2. VPA Services reserves the right to decline work that is inappropriate or is beyond the scope of services offered.
3. All Virtual Assistant services adhere to the professional Code of Conduct of the UK Association of Virtual Assistants (UKAVA).
4. All Human Resource services adhere to the Code of Professional Conduct of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
1. VPA Services recommends any original documents to be sent via secure post and obtain proof of posting.
2. VPA Services cannot be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of data, projects, equipment or any items relating to the assignments during transit to/from the premises of VPA Services (including communications by e-mail).
1. All completed assignments can be returned to the Client by email, post, courier, special delivery, memory stick or CD. If the Client prefers to use a courier or special delivery, this can be arranged, these services will however be charged at cost to the Client.
2. We cannot accept liability for damage or loss caused by Royal Mail. If the unlikely event occurs, VPA Services will do their upmost to chase any problems with Royal Mail on the Client’s behalf.
1. Documents will be proof read and spell checked, however final proof reading is the responsibility of the Client. Any errors generated by VPA Services will be corrected free of charge up to a 7 day period. After 7 days it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions. VPA Services will not accept liability or loss arising from the performance of services.
2. Amendments other than those previously stated will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
1. Invoices will be sent upon completion of work and payment is strictly 14 days from the date of invoice.
2. Payment can be made by cash, Bank transfer (details will be provided on Invoice) or cheque (made payable to VPA Services). Please note it takes 5 working days for cheques to clear.
3. If a cheque is returned by the Bank, the Client will be responsible for bank charges resulting from the returned cheque.
4. Receipts will not be issued unless specifically requested.
5. Failure to pay within 14 days will result in a penalty charge of 10% and an additional 10% will be levied for every 7 days subsequent to that whilst the payment remains overdue.
6. VPA Services will exercise our statutory right to interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if payment is not received in accordance to the agreed credit terms.
1. VPA Services will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any document produced, edited or work carried out by us. We retain the right to reject work which involves material we feel is illegal, unethical and objectionable.
2. Clients are responsible for the appropriate use of all work undertaken by VPA Services, including abiding by copyright laws, plagiarism and publishing requirements.
3. Every effort will be made to ensure reliable service, yet in the event of equipment failure, VPA Services cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
4. We do not hold any liability for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any transmissions over the Internet or other publicly accessible networks, such as transmissions involving the exchange of e-mail with us (including those which may contain your personal information).
1. VPA Services holds Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance. Clients reserve the right to request details.
1. VPA Services uses anti-virus protection and all incoming emails and documents will be scanned. We reserve the right to delete any unsolicited attachments which causes concern from an unrecognised sender or has no subject heading or contains no message.
2. The Client is responsible for their own anti-virus protection.